Sunday 19 October 2014

Post Op... or Pre Op...

Hello everyone!!!

I hope you are all are having a beautiful  weekend!

This is going to be a quick blog as I have been out enjoying the fantastic weather and am quit tired for my efforts. I am recovering remarkably quickly and feel very little discomfort. I went on  beautiful ride to day and even ventured into a bit of trot and then things got really exciting and a went for a wee bit of a canter! It felt great to have the wind whistle in my ears again... well lets be honest I wasn’t going that fast , but it felt great since it has been 8 months since the last time I cantered!

So my recovery almost complete I found out on Wednesday that I will be going for more surgery to do a mastectomy on the left breast. Boo urns! But it is what it is. I knew going in that I may need to go back for more surgery by taking the “less is more” route.  I just personally wasn’t planning on it being so soon. The reason I am going for more surgery is that the lump that they removed was not just one big lump but was many little spots and some were still live cancer cells. This means that they are not sure that they got it all as there is no way to check if anything was left behind. So they will be going back in and taking the rest out. Hopefully reconstruction can happen in a timely manner and I have a few more months until bikini season.

I will post more information and maybe a more detailed account of the last few weeks once I have a clearer picture of what exactly is going on.

Until then, we take one step at a time.

Left Foot’n and Right Foot’n

Steve & Alyssa

1 comment: